Dear brothers and sisters,
We would like to inform you about the new developments of our upcoming summer workshops in response to the COVID-19 reality. This summer we had to limit the variety of workshops due to unprecedented situation. We are planning to go ahead with two of the European summer workshops and we are opening preliminary registrations.
Senior HARP workshop is scheduled to take place 4th – 12th August 2020 in Seminarhaus Neumuehle, Bad Camberg, Germany
ODP+ workshop is scheduled to take place 13th – 24th August 2020 in Seminarhaus Neumuehle, Bad Camberg, Germany
Unfortunately, the Junior HARP workshop will not take place this summer. We have had to make this difficult decision in these unprecedented circumstances.
Find description of the preliminary registration steps here. If you would like to attend a workshop please fill out the preliminary registration form as soon as possible. It is difficult to predict the demand in the current circumstances, so this will help us to see the expected number of participants and make preparations accordingly.
Each year, we rely on a large team of volunteers to support each workshop, and we warmly welcome you to contribute and serve this summer too. If you would like to volunteer as staff, please apply here. The final staff arrangements will be partly determined by the size of the workshops and the number of staff registrations. Therefore we cannot confirm all staff applications or arrangements until we have a clearer picture.
We are aware of the financial impact that the ongoing pandemic has had on Blessed families and we are doing our best to minimise the participation costs. We have kept workshop fees the same or even less than last summer, while still searching for sponsorship options. We would also encourage participants to look for sponsorship opportunities in their communities to support their travel and/or participation fee.
Special note: We are constantly monitoring the situation related to travel restrictions and safety regulations related to COVID-19. Based on the recent situation and forecast, we have made the current adjustments. There are still details we will need to finalise as things become clearer regarding travel regulations, and so we appreciate your flexibility and patience. We are, however, committed to running both Senior HARP WS and ODP+ WS if it is possible, and we are making plans accordingly.
We hope that all will work out well and that we will see many of you at the summer workshops!
The ESGD Team